Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finally

Yesterday I finally did it.  I have now been to every school in my school district.  Well, I've been to all the "normal" schools.  Yesterday I made it to the last of the twenty-seven elementary schools in the district.  I have also gone to all seven junior high schools and all four high schools.  My school district also has several alternative schools call choice schools.  There are eleven of these schools around the district.  These schools also aren't your typical alternative schools.  Each school has a different focus and curriculum is set for each school to match their focus.  For example, there is Environmental School (self explanatory) Renaissance School (focus on the arts) and International School (focus on multi-cultural aspects).  Some of these schools have their own building while other schools are housed within another school.  Each of these schools also has different age ranges.  There are a few for elementary students, several for junior high students, and several for high school students.  Unfortunately, I have only made it to six of the choice schools.

I feel quite accomplished making it to all the regular schools.  I hoped when I started subbing that I would somehow make it to all the schools before I left.  As this school year is winding down, I didn't think I would have time to make it to the last few schools on my list.  I still wish I could make it to the last of the choice schools, but because there are few teachers at those schools, they are quite difficult to get a sub job there.  So now I celebrate my current accomplishments!  I also rejoice that there are only fourteen more school days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment